Wordpress 5.0 Support
It’s coming to a computer near you, are you ready?? There is a new editor on the block called Gutenberg, created by the gurus who brought us Wordpress, and it can revolutionize how you manage and design your website. As wonderful as this sounds, there are many themes/plugins out there that might not support it! I am offering a quick and easy service for clients to see whether they are ready for the new page editor, will they want to remain with the “classic” editor or bring their site into the future.
Gutenberg Upgrade Service
This package will give me the chance to make an exact copy of your site for full testing (meaning your live site does not have to be negatively affected).
- I go through and test your current theme for Gutenberg compatibility, communicating with your original theme developer if needed
- Audit your plugins to determine which ones are supported, which are not, and which might need changes in order to work with the upcoming WP5
- Fix theme or plugin issues, up to an hour of work, that arise during compatibility testing – otherwise your report will outline what additional changes might be needed
- Offer a complete report, sharing everything I found so you know what your next steps should be. Upgrade your theme, redesign your site, use the new Gutenberg editor or stay with the classic editor when the upgrade comes – your choice!
- All clients who choose this service will receive 10% off a potential website redesign or additional website service of $500 or more. Just in case you choose to make additional changes to your site, or use this WP5 update as a chance to upgrade your website so it will last for many more years to come.
For those times when you need a team behind you, your own personal GEEK SQUAD® for your online business. I mean honestly…our computers are not the only things that can become infected or stop working. Over the past 11 years, I have seen it all – small hiccups that cause a website to stop functioning as usual to out right attacks from malicious scripts/individuals who take over your site and wreak havoc on your business. No job is too small or large, and I offer either packages or hourly rates to fit everyone’s budget.
Hourly Rate is $115
This is for businesses and individuals who have a website (any platform), and need assistance with making edits/changes to the core coding of their site. This can be to customize a plugin, install a complex plugin, or customize the layout of the website.
- Making edits to the core system, theme or plugin files
- PHP/HTML/Liquid programming
- Malware/Hack Support
- Technical support when a site goes down, or stops working properly
- Plugin conflicts
Hourly Rate is $70
This is for businesses and individuals who have a website (either WordPress or other platform), and need assistance with making changes to the design of their site. Whether you need graphics/photos loaded, change your logo, adjust colors, typeface and similar visual items. I can also assist with backups & updating plugins/core system files when needed.
- Making CSS/design edits to the core theme files
- Making CSS/design edits to core plugin files
- Backup database and core files
- Update plugins and main system (depending on the platform), handle testing after updates to make sure site is 100% functional
Want to be more hands off with your website? Too busy to make changes, upload blog posts, update software and check your site’s security? My support blocks might be the perfect thing for you! Details are below for each block of time, along with a discounted price. This time does not expire, use it when you need it, and receive updates so you always know how much time you have left. *these blocks of time are for regular maintenance and updates needed for your site. If advanced programming is needed, we will discuss any time and cost that might be involved. These blocks of time should not be used for a full website design/re-design, my packages here are better suited for larger projects.
$195 ($65/hour – discount of $5 off each hour)
$360 ($60/hour – discount of $10 off each hour)
This is for businesses and individuals who want someone to monitor their site regularly, make all updates (core program & plugins) and to scan regularly for malware (at least once a week). You can also use this time if you need content updated, or small changes to your site (fonts, colors, adding new pages, etc)
- While you have time available, your site will be checked once a week for updates/malware (these “checks” will not count against your time block)
- If a problem is found, you will be alerted and an estimate of how much time is needed to fix the issue will be offered. This time will come off of your pre-paid block of time. If any additional time is needed, we will discuss purchasing another block of time or additional hours (as needed).
- Site will always be backed up when any work is done on the site, and securely kept
- Use the time when needed, no expiration (sorry, no refunds on unused time if you no longer need my services)